2022 Top Abstract Presentations
The following list details the top resident abstract, the top 10 residents abstract presentations and the top poster following the 2022 MWSPS annual meeting held in February.
Top Resident Abstract
Downregulation of VEGFA Impairs Post-Traumatic Senile Muscle Regeneration
Charles D. Hwang, MD (Harvard University), received a $500.00 REI Gift Card, and an invitation to speak at Plastic Surgery The Meeting 2022 in Boston.
Top 10 Resident Abstract Presentations
The following 10 abstract presentations will be published in PRS Global Open MWSPS Abstract Supplement.
1. Downregulation of VEGFA Impairs Post-Traumatic Senile Muscle Regeneration
Charles D. Hwang, MD (Harvard University)
2. Long Term Outcomes in Patients Receiving Microfragmented Adipose Tissue Injection for Treatment of Knee Osteoarthritis
Joshua Harrison, MD (University of New Mexico)
3. When to Perform Maxillofacial Computed Tomography: Evaluation of over 9,000 Facial Trauma Patients
Shawhin RK Shahriari, MD (University of New Mexico)
4. Targeted Muscle Reinnervation in the Foot: An Anatomical Study
Laurel Ormiston, MD (University of Utah)
5. Microscope-Integrated Optical Coherence Tomography Accurately Predicts Anastomotic Patency
Jared A. Blau, MD, Med (Duke University Medical Center)
6. Modern Safety of Outpatient Plastic Surgery: A Comparative Analysis of Facilities Using TOPS Registry with 286,826 Procedures
Mustafa Chopan, MD (University of Florida College of Medicine)
7. Macromastia and Reduction Mammoplasty: Analysis of Total Cost of Care and Opioid Consumption at 10-Years Post-Operatively
Kayvon Jabbari, MPH (University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Center)
8. Reconstructive Management of Extensive Pediatric Mandibular Defects after Oncologic Resection
Garrison Alecsander Leach, MD (University of California, San Diego)
9. Analysis of Costs Associated with Revascularization and Replantation of Digits
Sagar S. Deshpande, MD (University of Minnesota)
10. Immediate Lymphatic Reconstruction for the Prevention of Cancer-Related Lymphedema: Preliminary Experiences of a Single Center
Kaylee Scott, MD (University of Utah)
Targeted Muscle Reinnervation for Symptomatic Neuromas of the Superficial Radial Nerve: An Anatomic Study
Merodean Huntsman, BS (University of Utah), received a $500.00 REI Gift Card.